Launched in 2017 by Antoine Puymirat and his partners Jérémy Queroy and Paul Vonderscher, Planity has become the no.1 player in online beauty appointment booking in just three years, with an appointment being made every second.
The company's exponential growth has enabled it to consolidate its position with:
- 22 million appointments managed since its creation;
- 7,500 beauty establishments;
- 350,000 certified client reviews;
- 100 employees throughout France.
Planity has developed a SaaS tool and comprehensive and innovative services to provide:
- consumers with free online appointment booking 24/7, in just a few clicks with the best local beauty establishments in France;
- beauty establishments with improved organisational efficiency, with an average reduction of 50% in the number of calls and of 75% in the number of missed appointments.
Thanks to an optimal marketing and SEO strategy providing high visibility for the Planity platform, each establishment gains on average five new clients per month.
Enhancing the client experience and optimising the organisation of beauty establishments
The aim of this new financing round is to confirm Planity's position as leader in the eyes of beauty professionals, to continue to improve the platform's tools and services for beauty professionals and consumers and thus ingrain the brand in consumers' daily lives. The company, which currently has around 100 employees, predicts that it will double its workforce over the next 12 months throughout France.
"Online appointment booking on Planity has enabled our professionals to restart their business following the lockdown, with a full appointment book for several weeks. There has been a genuine realisation that there is a need for professionals to go digital and an incredible increase in the use of the platform by consumers of over 105%. This financing round will enable us to meet this demand and create a veritable "love brand" ", explains Antoine Puymirat, Chairman and Co-founder of Planity. "We have chosen Crédit Mutuel Innovation for its ability to understand the challenges of our business and the huge network at its disposal. Moreover, the bank branches of the Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale group (including the CIC) work with a large share of our professional clients. This proximity and their long-term approach are, for us, the key to our collaboration, and will enable us to create a European champion. We are very pleased to have concluded this financing round in record time and in the middle of lockdown".
"We were quickly very won over by the experienced team of successful serial entrepreneurs which has succeeded in making Planity a leader in its market. Moreover, salons' need for digital tools has been particularly highlighted during lockdown as those professionals equipped with the Planity solution have clearly fared well compared with the others, filling their diaries for several weeks in just a few hours. By freeing up time for them, Planity enables these artisans to concentrate on the client experience in the salon, while generating more appointments. Lastly, the metrics presented by Planity are remarkable. We are proud to provide Planity with the means necessary to strengthen its position as leader in France", say Stéphane Simoncini, Director of Shareholdings, and Erwan Bernard, Associate at Crédit Mutuel Innovation.
"The investment thinking in 2018 was based on Planity's brand strategy and on a network effect. The company's pace of growth over the last few months validates the positioning and demonstrates an excellent execution. Moreover, Planity's consumer dimension will enable it to become an ingrained habit as the sole entry point for the booking of online appointments in France and in Europe" adds Tuan Tran, Director of Investments at Bpifrance Digital Venture.
Crédit Mutuel Innovation
- Stéphane Simoncini, Principal email@example.com
- Erwan Bernard, Associate firstname.lastname@example.org
Bpifrance Digital Venture
- Tuan Tran, Senior Principal
- Guillaume Aubin, Managing Partner
Eiffel Investment Group
- François-Xavier Durand Mille, Principal
- Antoine Puymirat, Founder & CEO
- Fundraising: Alpha Capital Partners (Nicolas Tcherdakoff)
- Company legal counsel: Jones Day (Jean-Gabriel Griboul)
- Investors' legal counsel: Duteil Avocats (Benoit Lespinasse)